You communicate every day with colleagues and supervisors—connections that are ripe for misunderstanding. By following these principles, you can dramatically enhance your ability to forge positive relationships.
- We communicate everyday with colleagues and supervisors…and clients, unfortunately because we're all human that…means our interactions are often ripe for misunderstanding.…But if you're aware of the ways that communication…can be derailed then you can prepare in advance,…mitigate potential problems and quickly discover…and fix any crossed wires.…In the internet era interpersonal…communication skills matter more, not less.…If you can invest just a bit of time,…improving your knowledge and honing your abilities,…it gives you a critical edge.…
With the strategies from this course you can…become more effective at work and more likely…to connect positively with your colleagues…and everyone around you.…Let me know how it goes and shoot me any comments…or questions at dorieclark.com.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Communicating with your colleagues
- When to use the phone or send an email
- Interpreting nonverbal cues
- Asking your boss the right questions
- Knowing when to listen and when to speak
- Communicating in tricky situations
- Handling an interruption
- Responding to critical feedback
- How to communicate as an introvert