Success doesn't just happen. You have to plan for it, and work toward it. By following these principles, you can ensure you're setting the right goals, and have the tools and systems in place to execute on them every time.
- Success doesn't just happen.…You have to plan for it and work toward it.…We've been discussing the strategies you can follow…to identify, execute on, and achieve your goals.…If you can master this, you can make yourself…one of the most productive, effective people you know…and that will only help your career.…Here's how to get started right now…on making this a reality.…First, get clear on what's really important to you.…Write out your future vision for yourself…in one, five, and 10 years.…
That enables you to see where you're headed…and what skills and knowledge gaps you have…so you can create a more effective strategy…for how to get there.…Next, identify only two goals to focus on…for the next six months.…Look back at the future vision you've created for yourself…and make sure this aligns.…If you want to win a promotion by next year, for instance,…you may realize you need to improve your management skills.…Perhaps in the next six months you could sign up…for a course, either in person or online,…to help you learn more about best practices…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting your goals
- How many goals should you have?
- The difference between a goal and a to-do list
- Building systems to help you succeed
- Making success a way of life
- Learning to ignore the unimportant
- Rewarding yourself for success