Building a high performing culture requires you to be deliberate. Create your plan for how you'll assess your culture, define it, and set direction for the organization. Plan your communication channels, organize your teams and their work, and determine how you'll manage performance. Once your plan is in place, begin living your high-performance culture every day.
- If you're serious about building…a high-performance culture,…you need a plan.…You must be deliberate about building the culture.…Therefore, that plan has to include things like, first,…how you'll assess and define that culture.…Get out there and find some folks who can help you…with that culture assessment.…Spend time building your strategic plan…and tying your vision and mission…to the culture you're trying to build.…Next, plan your communication channels.…
Figure out what you're going to communicate,…what channel you're going to use,…and how frequently you'll communicate it.…As part of that communication strategy,…you'll need to build your library of culture stories.…The bigger the library,…the more effectively you can communicate culture…to the organization.…Think through how you'll organize your teams…and the work that they do.…Who emulates the culture every single day?…Maybe they should be the people leading your teams.…
Integrate culture into your processes.…Things like recruiting, hiring, and onboarding…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the components of high-performing cultures.
- Assess and evaluate your current culture.
- Define high performance.
- Create a compelling vision and mission.
- Compare and contrast communication vehicles.
- Explain what culture is and list ways to reinforce it.
- Identify tools for measuring and balancing results.