Join Sara Canaday for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Leadership Blind Spots.
- Leadership blind spots can create hidden roadblocks.…Everyone has them,…but the most successful leaders know how to identify them…and manage them.…By spending time studying this topic,…you're already ahead of the game.…You know that blind spots exist,…and that's half the battle.…Through this course, you've discovered the process…for finding your blind spots.…It starts with setting goals for your intentions…through honest self-reflection,…defining the way you would ideally like…to be perceived by others,…then, gathering feedback to get a realistic picture…of the way others actually perceive you,…determining your reputation,…and finally, discovering the gaps between your intentions…and your actual impact,…pinpointing the disconnects that may be holding you back,…not just problems to be corrected…but also areas where you have been…underestimating your value,…strengths you may not be maximizing.…
You've gained insights about some of the most common…leadership blind spots,…how to recognize them and how to rectify them.…
Instructor Sara Canaday dives into the nuances of blind spots, explaining why blind spots matter when it comes to career success, and which intangible skills can help you find and eliminate these roadblocks. Sara also covers ways to find and close the gaps between your perception of yourself and your reputation. She explores specific examples of leadership blind spots commonly seen in the business world and provides steps that you can take to mitigate your perception problems.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding blind spots
- Gaining insights about awareness skills
- Identifying and managing blind spots
- Getting clarity on how you see yourself
- Finding out how others see you
- Closing the gaps between your perception and your reputation
- Exploring specific examples of leadership blind spots
- Taking action to deal with your blind spots