Get ideas you can immediately use to keep your leadership skills charged.
- We've covered a lot of ground in this course.…Learning the strategies we've discussed…in this course will certainly make you feel…more confident and self-assured in your new role.…Moving forward, here are some final bits of advice,…and resources to help you not just survive, but thrive.…I suggest you find a coach who can help to ensure…your leadership skills remain sharp,…in line with current trends, and tailored to…your organizational goals.…
Another great way to stay in the leadership loop…is to subscribe to publications,…like the Wall Street Journal, and the New York Times.…Both publications feature articles…on challenges facing managers today,…as well as the latest research on leadership…and workplace best practices.…The latest leadership trends are often discussed…at conferences sponsored by industry associations.…At a minimum, make a plan to attend…your industry's annual conference.…
Consider taking this one step further…and offering to be one of their speakers.…Not only will you be seen as a thought leader,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The first 90 days
- Building productive relationships
- Why engage your employees?
- Influencing employee commitment
- Managing your former peers
- How to go from friend to boss
- Developing the skills needed to be an effective manager
- Becoming a magnetic leader