LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again
Skill Level Beginner
- You've probably been following the rules of work that were established generations ago, but you've also probably had the nagging feeling that, in a rapidly changing world, a lot of those rules no longer apply. What nobody has told you is that there is a completely new set of rules for how you work, how you learn, and how you live your life. And you have the opportunity to take advantage of those new rules so you can not only be effective in your work, but you can love what you do.
Hi, I'm Gary Bolles. I help organizations and individuals to navigate disruptive change. I've worked as a strategy consultant, a writer, and as a career counselor. And now, I wanna help you to learn and to leverage the new rules of work. In this course, we'll start by exploring why those rules have changed, driven by automation and globalization. And in fact, the very nature of work is rapidly evolving before our eyes.
Then, we're gonna dive into the new rules, starting with why you need to do the work you love and how to become an adaptive problem solver. And along the way, we'll also cover the new rules of learning and of life. Put together, the new rules of work, of learning, and of life will help you to thrive in disruptive times. So, if you're ready, let's get started.