Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Motivating your team, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, clearly, a good boss or a leader,…is going to be somebody who can motivate their people.…And, you might think that motivation comes from…some natural charisma that people have,…but, actually, motivation comes from simple things…that you can do,…and which a lot of bosses don't do.…I would just like to suggest four things…that you can do that will…increase the motivation substantially of your team.…The first one is to involve them as much as you can…in your decisions.…Just because you know more than they do,…or you think you do, doesn't mean…that you shouldn't involve them in your decisions.…
You'd be surprised how much they can contribute.…So involve them.…Second one is trusting people to get on with things.…We'll come back to this later on…about how do we monitor.…But trusting people can be very motivational,…even if it's over just a small thing…that you leave them to do without you monitoring.…And, linked to that, my third one is ownership.…If you give people ownership of something,…that's very motivational for them.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.