Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Monitoring progress, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Step nine: monitoring progress on your Gantt chart.…Now that we've done all the planning,…we can actually start to do the project…and we can monitor the progress on our Gantt chart.…And the way we do that is we color…in the tasks as we complete them.…Some people even color in part of a task…if they've done part of it.…And we monitor what's been colored in compared…to the now line, or the today line,…which is a line that moves along as the weeks pass.…So, are we keeping up with the now line?…We can instantly see the progress…by looking at the Gantt chart.…
You need to watch the critical tasks particularly closely.…If you're behind on a floating task it doesn't matter…so much, but you really want to make sure…you're keeping up with the critical tasks.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.