- Identify the benefits of an internal meeting facilitator who is focused on the culture of the organization.
- Recall a strategy that will help a team regain and maintain focus.
- Explain the importance of neutrality for an individual holding an internal and external facilitator role.
- Examine the duties of a scribe.
- Name an element of trust that should be cultivated in order to build connections with other people.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Meetings, we can't live with them and we can't live without them. It's something everybody does, but running a good meeting is something for which we are rarely trained. Think about that, you do something every week or every day at work and maybe you've never worked on how to be good at it. Kind of crazy right? That's why facilitators exist and maybe that's why you're taking this course. Hi, my name is Prakash Raman, and I've been coaching and facilitating executive teams for over a decade. In this course we unpack the role of the facilitator, we dive in to not just what a meeting facilitator does but who should be one.
While we focus on the meeting facilitator role we review meeting best practices and try to focus on the less obvious and more impactful ways you can improve your meetings right now. You may have wondered is there something else I should be doing before the meeting? During? After? The short answer is yes but in this course we'll detail exactly what activities should happen when for meeting success. My hope is that through this short course you'll have concrete and actionable ways to transform meetings from time wasters to time savers.