How well are you doing as a manager? Learn several ways to measure yourself as a manager—including performance standards, 360-degree performance reviews, and more. Plus, get a monthly checklist to help you manage your very best.
- How do you know if you're doing a good job…of being a manager?…Well, there's a lot of different ways…to measure your performance as a manager.…Here's some of the most common and effective methods.…Managers will typically be measured…based on team or departmental performance.…How well did the team or department perform,…based on a stated objectives and key results?…A manager can also be measured…by the innovation created by their team,…how supportive they are of other teams or departments,…the quality of their hires,…turnover in their department, and other factors.…
Another way managers should be measured…is by how well they've implemented…a system that supports great performance.…Is the system repeatable, scalable,…and tied into the long-term vision,…mission, values, and goals of the organization?…Now, all of those methods…of measuring yourself as a manager come from above.…But one of the most honest ways…to measure a manager's performance…is by doing a 360 degree evaluation.…
This is where direct reports and fellow managers…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Clarifying goals and expectations
- Establishing a culture of execution
- Improving your work environment
- Key time management principles
- Managing remote workers
- Recognizing and rewarding employees
- Leveraging performance management tools