Receive a walkthrough of a worksheet comparing strengths to current responsibilities.
- After you've determined your list of responsibilities,…it's time to find out how well your current job…lines up with your strengths.…For this,…you'll use the Confirmed Responsibilities Worksheet.…Before we get into whether or not things match up,…we'll want to list your strengths up at the top.…You'll see a space for listing up to five strengths.…I recommend that you list these in order of their value,…as you determined previously.…Then, list all the job responsibilities…that you know for certain you have.…
If necessary, print out a second page of this worksheet…to list all your job responsibilities.…Then, after you've made the list,…we'll begin determining how many of these…match up with those strengths that you listed at the top.…For example, you may have listed…that you're doing bookkeeping…as one of your confirmed responsibilities.…If one of your strengths up at the top…is working with numbers,…then you put a checkmark in the strength column.…Continue doing this for all of the responsibilities…that you've listed.…
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.