Your marketing team is responsible for getting the word out about your product, which they do through a variety of channels. You can measure their effectiveness by channel, as well as their overall effectiveness in allocating resources to various channels. A large number of metrics are available for channels like email, websites, blogs, social media, TV, radio, print, etc. You can also evaluate their effectiveness in terms of ratios like "marketing cost per lead."
- Companies spend a tremendous amount of money…trying to get the word out about their products.…The result is the marketing portion of the value chain…is a metric-rich environment.…Your marketing team gets the word out about your product…and they do so through a variety of channels.…You can measure their effectiveness by channel…as well as their overall effectiveness…in terms of how they allocate their resources…to various channels.…There's a ton of metrics for various marketing channels…like email, blogs, websites,…social media, TV, radio, and print.…
Try measuring these metrics.…Reach measures how many people…your message is getting in front of.…Traffic, followers, and subscribers…measure the size and growth of your marketing audience.…Trends and ratios give you an indication…of how much you're growing and how quickly you're doing it.…Traffic to lead looks at…for all the people who see your message,…how many of them become sales leads?…It's a measure of how effective your marketing message is…at driving customers to take action.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Team performance measurement
- Evaluating the value chain
- Measuring product creation
- Measuring product manufacturing and delivery
- Measuring operations performance
- Measuring marketing and sales performance
- Measuring supporting and servicing your product
- Measuring company infrastructure function performance