Learn how to manage remote workers and help employees across multiple remote locations feel like part of the team.
- Chances are you're managing remote workers.…These workers can be on the other side of town…or on the other side of the world.…Regardless of exactly where they are,…here are five steps you can take…to improve their performance.…Number one, make sure they have proper working conditions.…Are they working in a quiet place in their home…or at the local Starbucks?…Are they using good equipment?…Is there high speed internet access?…Are there safety, privacy, or confidentiality issues…to be concerned about?…Find out.…
Open a dialogue with them…so that they know that you're there…to get them the resources that they need to perform.…Number two, communicate with them…on a regularly scheduled basis.…There are various ways you can communicate face-to-face…using apps like Skype or GoToMeeting.…They can also join in on team meetings…using similar technology.…Where possible, have them come to the office…so they get to know their team members better.…
Three, make sure they have the same performance…expectations as on-site workers.…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Determine the most efficient processes to use when selecting a new hire.
- Apply knowledge gathered from employee feedback to enhance overall efficiency.
- Identify an example of an appropriate workspace.
- Define “emotional quotient” and explain how it relates to employee performance.
- Recall effective strategies for addressing poor employee performance.
- List three benefits of using performance management tools.