Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing different team types, part of Management: Top Tips.
- If you think about it, to be a good leader,…you need to have a team.…And it's important to understand teams…if you're going to be an effective leader…or manager or boss.…Now, the ideal team is not all people just like you,…even though they're the people who you probably like…and find easy to work with.…The ideal team is going to be a whole mixture…of different types of people.…You'll need creative ones, you'll need cuddly friendly ones,…you'll need quite spiky, pushy sort of people,…you'll need some evaluators who tend to stand back…and say, ooh, I don't think that's quite right.…
You need them.…You need all these types in your team,…and some of them you may even find annoying,…but the people who you find difficult or annoying…are actually the ones that you need to work with,…and your job as a leader is to construct the ideal team.…It's to look at your existing team and think,…I think we've got a gap here.…I need to recruit someone into this area,…or I need to move someone from one area to another…so as to get a well-balanced team.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.