Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Making feedback work, part of New Manager Foundations (2013).
Among the many types of communication one might have at work, few are as…important as giving performance related feedback to others.…Some professionals will refrain from giving feedback they feel would be useful…in order to avoid conflict.…Other times, they will correctly choose to deliver a feedback, but their…delivery isn't good.…As a result, they unintentionally damage relationships.…Good news, it doesn't have to be that way.…The basics of delivering great feedback are well known.…If you pay attention to the following approaches, you will dramatically increase…the odds that your feedback actually helps others.…
First, good feedback is very specific, not general or vague.…Never tell someone they can do better without specifying or quantifying exactly…how they could perform better.…Similarly, if providing critical feedback, don't simply say the work does not…meet your expectations, but instead, clarify in very concrete terms the…particular ways the work did not meet expectations.…For instance, instead of saying:…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.