Actively engaging your people in culture conversations is a great way to make the culture come alive, share ideas on how to strengthen it, swap stories about culture in action, and discuss how culture is driving decisions and actions in everyday work. These conversations shouldn't be forced as culture sessions but instead they should be natural questions like "how are our values impacting the choices we make?" as part of broader performance discussions.
- Culture needs to be a conversation.…Actively engaging people in culture conversations…is a great way to make culture come alive.…You can share ways to strengthen it.…You can share stories about culture in action.…Most importantly discuss how culture drives…decisions and actions in everyday work.…These conversations shouldn't be forced as culture sessions.…Instead, they should be natural questions, like,…how are our values impacting the choices we make?…Make this part of a broader performance conversation.…
There are ways you can make this happen naturally.…When making decisions,…tell people how culture should drive the choice you make.…When communicating decisions,…explain how culture impacted the choice you made.…During town halls or Q&A sessions,…use culture to frame how you talk about…strategy, initiatives, and performance.…Highlight how choices consistent with culture…resulted in financial and operational performance.…When talking with your associates…don't ask about projects and results,…ask how well you're living the culture,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the components of high-performing cultures.
- Assess and evaluate your current culture.
- Define high performance.
- Create a compelling vision and mission.
- Compare and contrast communication vehicles.
- Explain what culture is and list ways to reinforce it.
- Identify tools for measuring and balancing results.