In this video, Gemma shows you the key steps to building effective communication skills to build collaborative and strong relationships.
- Communication is about getting your message…across to others, right?…Well, actually that's only half of the story.…And quite honestly, if that's all you focus on…when developing your communication skills,…you're missing a trick.…Often, when we think about communicating,…we consider how we can make our point effectively,…and how others are going to interpret what we're saying.…Communication, however, is a two-way street…which involves providing information for others…and gathering information from others.…
Let's consider how you communicate your message.…You may do this through speaking, or writing,…but actually most of what we communicate…is down to our body language and how we say something,…not what we say.…Have you ever had a conversation with someone…who's told you they're fine?…But you can tell from their tone of voice,…or body language that just isn't true it all.…How we communicate with our voice and our bodies…says a lot more about the actual message…we want to get across, rather than the exact words we use.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact