Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Listening and asking questions, part of Management: Top Tips.
- The rule number one of selling is to be a good listener.…Being a good listener's incredibly important…for two reasons really: one is you have to find out…what the customer needs and is looking for,…before you can help them.…And you have to do that by asking questions and listening.…But the other reason is that in building a relationship…with a customer that they much prefer somebody…who listens to them.…If you just talk, the customer will feel that…you're not interested in them, and in fact,…it's proof that you're not.…So it's very important to be a good listener…and ask the customer plenty of questions.…
Now these questions will probably start with open questions.…That's questions like, tell me about what…you're looking for and what was your previous…supplier like?…Those are open questions.…And then you follow those with probing questions…where you say, really, tell me more about that and,…and then what happened or why did you think that?…It's the probing questions where you really get…the useful information.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.