Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video List tasks, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Step two,…list the tasks.…This is the first part of your planning…and it's very important.…If you forget any tasks,…and you easily can if it's a…project you've never done before,…what will happen is that your…project will cost more than you thought,…and it'll take longer than you thought.…So very important to get a list of all the tasks.…How do you do this?…Well, there's a three stage approach.…The first thing is to get you team together,…if you've got a team,…and brainstorm, at random,…a list of all the tasks that might…be involved in your project.…
Secondly,…structure those tasks into a…work breakdown structure.…Which is really a tree diagram of tasks.…Put them into categories that will help you then…fill in any blanks and spot any tasks…that you've forgotten.…And then finally the third step,…is to take that work breakdown structure…and show it to somebody who's done a…similar project before.…If you've got a resident expert or anybody you…can talk to or if you got any records of…previous projects,…you could compare your work broke down…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.