In order to achieve the big, important goals you've set, you'll have to let go of some other activities. Learn about how to triage your responsibilities and learn to be okay with ignoring or delaying some minor tasks.
- So I have a confession to make.…The week I was preparing the materials for this course…and a few others I'm doing, I ignored my emails.…I usually like to keep my inbox at maybe 25 to 50 messages,…something that feels manageable,…but that week, I let it balloon to 225 messages…that I hadn't responded to.…Did that cause me stress?…A little.…If something was truly urgent, I wrote back right away,…but mostly, I let the messages sit.…Did my delayed response time inconvenience…or annoy other people?…Probably.…
I'd love it if I could suggest a magic bullet formula…to accomplish everything you need to.…Plus, everything everyone else needed from you…at the same time.…But you probably already know that formula doesn't exist.…Instead, the way to make real progress…that will help your career…and leave you feeling more accomplished…at the end of the day is learning to ignore,…at least temporarily, what's not important.…That can be incredibly hard, because people, let's face it,…are a little self-focused,…and they want you to attend to their needs quickly.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting your goals
- How many goals should you have?
- The difference between a goal and a to-do list
- Building systems to help you succeed
- Making success a way of life
- Learning to ignore the unimportant
- Rewarding yourself for success