LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Name three ways that you can add value to a meeting.
- Recognize the benefits of including emotional impact in your stories.
- Explain how developing a team mindset can increase efficiency and productivity.
- Identify an easy way to reinforce expectations.
- Determine when it is necessary to tell your boss about a mistake made by a peer.
- Recall the most important benefit of punctuality.
Skill Level Intermediate
- What does it mean to be a leader? - Is it a specific title, a handful of direct reports or just a lot of experience? - Sometimes, but not always. - [Elizabeth] Organizations rely on all types of leaders, many of whom don't have formal leadership authority. - I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. - We work with leaders both formal and informal, all over the world. - And in this course, we're going to talk about leading without authority. - [Lisa] How do you lead when you're not the official boss? - And there are a number of techniques you can use.
Some of them are obvious and some of them are not so obvious. - [Lisa] We're going to talk about mentoring, about mindful listening, about positioning yourself and leading in those tough situations. - [Elizabeth] And we'll also cover how to leverage your role and develop that more informal authority in your organization. - So let's get started.