- Name three ways that you can add value to a meeting.
- Recognize the benefits of including emotional impact in your stories.
- Explain how developing a team mindset can increase efficiency and productivity.
- Identify an easy way to reinforce expectations.
- Determine when it is necessary to tell your boss about a mistake made by a peer.
- Recall the most important benefit of punctuality.
Skill Level Intermediate
- What does it mean to be a leader? - Is it a specific title, a handful of direct reports or just a lot of experience? - Sometimes, but not always. - [Elizabeth] Organizations rely on all types of leaders, many of whom don't have formal leadership authority. - I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. - We work with leaders both formal and informal, all over the world. - And in this course, we're going to talk about leading without authority. - [Lisa] How do you lead when you're not the official boss? - And there are a number of techniques you can use.
Some of them are obvious and some of them are not so obvious. - [Lisa] We're going to talk about mentoring, about mindful listening, about positioning yourself and leading in those tough situations. - [Elizabeth] And we'll also cover how to leverage your role and develop that more informal authority in your organization. - So let's get started.