Learn how you can lead your organization to authentic change—aligning its values and actions in all you do.
- So I have a small question for you.…Why are you here?…I mean, why are you here, on this planet?…Okay, I know that was a little unexpected.…I'm sure you're wondering, where is he going with this?…But if we're gonna talk about authentic change,…it's a perfectly legitimate question.…Now, it could be that you're just here…to lead a happy and productive life.…Or it could be that you find purpose…in feeding your family and putting a roof over their head…and that's plenty for many people.…
But you may feel you have a further purpose.…You may feel there is more you can accomplish…that can have an impact in the world.…Surveys show that four out of five workers today…don't actually feel engaged in the work that they do.…And I believe that's largely because…they don't find much meaning in the work that they're doing.…Meaning and purpose are increasingly more important…to employees and their customers.…Studies show a dramatic increase in purchasing…by people who want companies whose actions are driven…by clearly articulated values.…
- Recall the benefits of using personal power to lead in a flat organization.
- Name the main tactic of the opponents of change.
- Determine when a top-down approach to leading change is appropriate.
- List the two elements present in a team that is proficient at change.
- Identify the most important capability when considering a candidate for a position on an innovative team.
- Define “responsible change.”
- Recognize the appropriate time to encourage 10x thinking.