Learn several tips for leading change, including setting an example, communicating often, and influencing others.
- Major change is often said to be impossible,…unless the head of the organization is an active supporter.…This is a quote by John Kotter,…one of the great leaders in the world of leading change.…He has published several articles…in the Harvard Business Review…and written several books about it.…One thing Kotter always talks about…is creating a sense of urgency.…This is necessary to drive change…as urgency sends the message…that the change is extraordinarily important…and without it, the company will surely fail.…
In the case of culture change,…once you've done your survey,…you have to respond immediately to the results,…implement some low hanging fruit,…and get your strategic plan together quickly,…then execute on the plan's action items quickly.…Communicate often that the change must happen…and it must happen now…and then act with urgency too.…Kotter also advises leaders to enlist a volunteer army…as he calls it to help with the change.…Earlier in this course, we talked about your action team,…that team that will be at the helm of your change…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining a negative workplace
- The ROI of a positive workplace
- Conducting an employee survey
- Creating a vision for change
- Building a strategic plan
- Using your performance management system
- Leading change