Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Leading by example, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Finally, it's really important to lead by example.…Don't let it go to your head that you've been made…the boss so now you don't have to do things right anymore.…Very important, for example, to lead with being a role…model in terms of honesty, quality of work,…work rate, conforming to systems just 'cause you're the boss…you still got to follow the systems, and customer focus…is another one where if you sort of say, oh, it's only…a customer everyone will immediately think, oh, great…we don't have to worry about customers.…
So you've got to be perfect in terms of all of these things…and your team will be watching you all the time…and particularly anything bad that you do will be…duplicated by them.…So always be focused on customers, conform to every system,…make sure everything you do is right, work hard…beyond others, you have to be perfect as the leader.…And a good way to really make sure that you're in touch…with what's going on is to do something called…back to the floor.…Spend a day just doing the lowest job in the organization…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.