- Managing your mindset
- Assessing your leadership needs
- Motivating yourself
- Leading yourself in tough times
- Managing your behavior
- Setting goals
- Giving yourself an honest performance review
- Managing your boss
- Peer to peer leadership
Skill Level Beginner
- As recently as a decade ago, there as an expectation that your boss would be your leader. - But that's shifting a little bit. - Now, leading yourself has become critical. Not just for your success at work, but also, for your happiness. - So, when should you be leading yourself? - Always. - Even if you have a great boss. - [Lisa] You know, it used to be that managers had between four and six direct reports, and experts recommended this so that the manager could give their people their full attention. - [Elizabeth] But today's leaders are overwhelmed, and some have as many as 15 people to lead.
- [isa] Or more. And chances are, your boss probably has another job to do on top of being your leader. - [Elizabeth] Even a great boss will get overwhelmed or distracted and not be in the space to lead you sometimes. - [Lisa] You know, and if you have a bad boss, hm, leading yourself becomes even more imperative, because then it's up to you to take responsibility for your learning, your development, and your leadership. - I'm Elizabeth McLeod. - And I'm Lisa McLeod. Together, we have 30-- - Six. - Years of experience.
- We work with leaders to increase emotional engagement and competitive differentiation. - [Lisa] You see, we specialize in helping organizations and people stand out in the market. - [Elizabeth] Today, we're going to be your guides on how to lead yourself. - [Lisa] You know, leading yourself is not just a yes or no quality. It's a series of attitudes, behaviors, and language that each individual can leverage for their own success. - In this course, we'll share with you when and where you need to be leading yourself, and how to give yourself your own performance review.
- I'm going to share with you what I wish I'd known when I started my career 30 years ago, and also what we've observed in some of our most successful clients. - We'll also talk about how you can motivate yourself and navigate your organization, your peers, and your boss. - Are you ready? - Let's go.