LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Fundamentals of innovation
- Fostering creativity without losing control
- Design thinking
- Lean startup
- Redefining customer value
- Digital transformation
- Social innovation
- Frugal innovation
Skill Level Beginner
- Innovation is the mantra of this era. If you have just created a one or two person company, you know that without innovation, you have no hope of getting anywhere. - Or, if you're running a larger organization, you wake up every day deathly scared of the wolves somewhere in a garage, planning to snatch away your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. - Hi, I'm Anil Gupta, the Michael Dingman Chair in Strategy, Globalization, and Entrepreneurship at the Smith School of Business, the University of Maryland at College Park.
- Hi, I'm Haiyan Wang, Managing Partner at China India Institute, a research and consulting organization based in Washington, D.C. Over the last 20 years, we've written extensively on strategy and innovation and worked with dozens of companies. - We find it mind boggling that far too many managers behave as if merely uttering innovation several times each day will make them and their organizations more innovative.
As if there is a god of innovation who will somehow listen to them and answer their prayers. - Many people also just assume that whether or not you are innovative is a matter of random luck. So how can you learn to become more innovative? - In this course, our goal is to help you become smarter at innovation, systematically. We do this by laying out the core logic of innovation, discussing how you can nurture the process and how you can uncover the multiple pathways to innovation.
- We also share dozens of examples from companies small and large, young and old, profit oriented, as well non-profit. These examples make the concepts come alive and make it easier for you to think about how you could apply them in your own organization. - So if you are ready, come join us on this journey.