Why do employee problems exist? In this video, learn seven leadership weaknesses that contribute to employee performance problems and what you can do about them.
- When I'm asked the question why do employee performance…problems exist I usually give one simple answer.…Because it's allowed.…The leader lets it happen.…I've observed seven leadership weaknesses that are…the greatest contributors to employee performance problems.…And as we walk through these points,…I want to challenge you to imagine your work situation…and be honest if any of them apply to you.…The first is a lack of positive rapport and connection.…
If you do not have a reasonable amount of rapport,…you have little ability to influence change.…People are just not going to listen to you,…nor respond to your direction.…The second leadership weakness is a fear of conflict.…This is very pervasive in leadership.…Fear stops a leader from quickly addressing an issue,…and may even cause a leader to rationalize…or minimize an issue, even hoping it just might go away.…
Please take this human behavior insight to heart.…Behavior not addressed will continue.…The third weakness is tolerating…and ignoring certain behaviors.…
- Recognize the effects of four kinds of leadership weaknesses.
- Determine which questions would be most appropriate to include in an employee assessment framework.
- Identify the acronym used to guide coaching conversations.
- Recognize when to adopt the “people fire themselves” philosophy.
- Explain the benefits of clear boundaries or guidelines for a team’s behavior.