Instructor Sara Canaday dives into the nuances of blind spots, explaining why blind spots matter when it comes to career success, and which intangible skills can help you find and eliminate these roadblocks. Sara also covers ways to find and close the gaps between your perception of yourself and your reputation. She explores specific examples of leadership blind spots commonly seen in the business world and provides steps that you can take to mitigate your perception problems.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding blind spots
- Gaining insights about awareness skills
- Identifying and managing blind spots
- Getting clarity on how you see yourself
- Finding out how others see you
- Closing the gaps between your perception and your reputation
- Exploring specific examples of leadership blind spots
- Taking action to deal with your blind spots
Skill Level Intermediate
- Is your career starting to feel stagnant? Do you feel like you're doing all the right things to position yourself as a strong leader, someone who's ready for the next level, but you keep getting passed over. You might be stuck behind a hidden road block, a leadership blind spot. I'm Sara Canaday and I'd like to welcome you to this course. I'm a leadership expert, keynote speaker, and author, and I've helped thousands of people just like you to integrate the elusive leadership skills that can dramatically accelerate your success.
In this course, you'll discover the truth about blind spots, what they are and how they affect your reputation and your career. You'll get to explore some targeted examples that will help you identify your own blind spots. You'll learn valuable strategies to compare your intentions for impact with others' perceptions. And uncover the specific gaps that could be preventing you from reaching your full potential. Even better, you'll learn how to develop an action plan to close those gaps.
We all have perception problems, and I'm here to help you find and fix yours. Thank you for choosing to participate in this course. By applying the insights you gain, you can quickly demonstrate that you're a prime candidate for promotion, poised for next level responsibility, and ready to more effectively lead high performing teams. Let's dive in.