Learn how to get employees to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- As a manager, you need to engage,…not force your team to get the best results.…People work best when they feel valued,…not pushed and ordered.…Let me share with you some key ideas…on how you can engage your people.…To start off, make every moment count.…Think about what you want people to say…about you as a leader when they no longer report to you.…Then, work backwards.…For example, if you want your employees to say,…"My boss really listened to me,"…then consider what you can do today…to create an environment where your people feel heard.…
You also need to get to know your people's strengths.…It's common for managers to focus on those skills…where team members might be weak.…Instead, look at what your people are doing really well,…and build on that.…And also, remember to pause.…When's the last time you stopped everything you were doing…and focused on your people?…I bet it's been a while.…Turn off your cellphone, and practice being in the moment.…
Allowing time to focus will help you…notice details you haven't before.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp