The rapid pace of change isn't going to slow down any time soon. Learn about the skills your workers are going to need most to thrive in disruptive times.
- Your main goal as a manager in a time of constant change…is to help create adaptive workers.…Only by helping to prepare your team…for a world where work is increasingly unbundled…can you ensure they'll be able to adapt on an ongoing basis.…Sure, there are going to continue to be jobs that are static…and that won't require constant adaptation.…But there's going to be fewer and fewer of those in the future.…Look at what's already happened to positions…like travel agents, cab drivers, media buyers.…
The same changes will happen to everyone…from truck drivers to graphic designers.…If we don't start preparing workers now for constant change,…we won't be able to solve the problems of today,…much less the challenges of tomorrow.…So adaptive workers need four critical…Self-Management Skills.…They need to be proactive, they need to be opportunistic,…they need to be networked, and they need to be self-aware.…So first, workers need to be proactive and have what I call…agency, the belief that they're empowered to take action.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Dealing with disruptive change and the new rules of work
- Establishing a new contract with workers
- Rethinking job qualifications
- Hiring for diversity and inclusion
- Identifying key skills for adaptive workers
- Helping your team become lifelong learners
- Leveraging automation for your team
- Becoming an adaptive manager
- Making human resources a partner
- Recognizing when your adaptive strategy is working