Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Keeping it simple, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now finally I just want to say…that of all the stuff we've been covering…on this course, the main overall thing…is to keep it simple.…Keep your talk as simple as you can.…If you're using PowerPoint, don't…have fancy effects zooming, definitely…don't have sound effects.…I would avoid having videos and gifts,…things like that in your talk if you can,…because they're all a bit more prone to go wrong.…So keep it as simple as you can…and make sure that the structure…of your talk is very clear and very simple as well.…Because in the end, the audience will probably…only absorb one message.…
So if you've got your one key message,…and then your talk is very simple structured around that,…they will go away and remember that one message.…And in six months' time, if someone was…to say to them, what was that talk…about that you went to, they'll still remember it.…So, don't be over-ambitious, don't try…to get loads of stuff into their heads,…just hammer in that one simple message.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.