Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Most people, if you ask them…what do you want from a time management program,…they'll say something like an extra month a year,…and I'm actually going to tell you…how you can get an extra month a year during this course.…But, really, the objective of time management…isn't to get more time, it's to use the time better,…and I would define the objective of time management as…spending as much time as you can on important things.…In fact, working at what's important…and then spending as much as you can…on those important things.…
So, how do we define importance?…What does important mean?…I would say that something's important…if it moves you towards your goals.…If there's something you want to achieve…or something that you enjoy doing,…that's a goal that you've got, and if it contributes to…either enjoyment or achievement, it's important.…So that's the first thing to think about:…what are the things that are really important to you?…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.