Productive employees think. Get some great ideas for increasing creativity and strategic thinking in your workplace. From pairing up employees from different departments to taking on succession planning, you'll get several actionable tips.
- Improved performance takes place…in the context of great strategy.…Here are six ideas to consider…when trying to improve…the performance of your employees.…Number one, facilitate a dialogue…where you discuss company, department,…and team strategic goals.…Take the time to identify goals…with specificity and then make sure…employees understand what you said.…When holding this dialogue,…it's key that everyone has a chance…to ask questions and get clarity.…
And remember, this dialogue is ongoing.…Number two, foster innovation by having…mandatory suggestion meetings.…Once per month, require every employee…to come up with an idea of how they can do their job better…or identify a new opportunity for the team.…The only constraint is that it has to be…tethered to the company's vision, mission, and goals.…At that meeting, acknowledge every suggestion…with a raffle ticket, lottery ticket, or a $2 bill.…
If a suggestion produces a bottom line result,…you can reward that separately.…Make your meetings fun, and challenging,…and be prepared to implement great suggestions.…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Determine the most efficient processes to use when selecting a new hire.
- Apply knowledge gathered from employee feedback to enhance overall efficiency.
- Identify an example of an appropriate workspace.
- Define “emotional quotient” and explain how it relates to employee performance.
- Recall effective strategies for addressing poor employee performance.
- List three benefits of using performance management tools.