Learn about techniques to help you increase positivity, including gratitude journals, mindfulness tips, and positivity portfolios.
- [Instructor] One of my favorite strategies…for being more positive is the gratitude journal.…For decades, I've kept a special journal…where nearly every night…I write down three things that I'm grateful for.…The writing helps me stay focused…on all that is good in my life…and it's so much fun to look back on.…Like here I wrote,…"I'm grateful for baby Alexi's safe arrival in the world."…Well, baby Alexi is now a teenager…and I'm grateful that he and his family…have been a part of my life for all of these years.…
Gratitude begets more gratitude.…Marcos is a systems administrator for a large corporation.…He experimented with the gratitude journal…and said that knowing he needed…three things to write down each night…kept him on the hunt for good things all day long.…The good things are happening around you all the time,…but do you notice them?…Marcos would tell his wife…what he was writing about each evening…and that stimulated great conversations for them.…
Marcos and I are not the only two benefiting…from the gratitude journal.…
To gain fresh insights and celebrate your positivity wins with other learners, you can participate in the official LinkedIn group group for this course.
- Identify the behaviors associated with particular positivity practices.
- Recall the properties of an active-constructive response.
- Differentiate between a weakness-focus (performance gap) and a strength-based-focus.
- Identify the best positivity strategy for use in particular situations.
- Distinguish between a healthy practice of affirmative bias (positivity) and an unhealthy practice of ignoring threats, challenges, or conflict.