- The business case for inclusive leadership
- Redefining leadership through the lens of inclusion
- Innovation, creativity, and inclusion
- Six key traits that inclusive leaders possess
- Competencies of inclusive leaders
- Best practices for inclusive organizations
Skill Level Intermediate
- The workforce has become more diverse, multicultural, multigenerational, mobile, and hyper-connected, and work gets done more virtually. As a leader, you need to know how to navigate this complex and rapidly changing landscape, because inclusive leaders create inclusive work environments. Inclusive work environments produce higher performance, increase employee engagement, fuel innovation and creativity, increase retention, and positively impact the customer service experience.
Hi, I'm Dr. Shirley Davis, and I'm a 30-year veteran and former senior business executive in human resources and diversity and inclusion. In this course I'll address the key demographic disruptions and the impact that inclusiveness has on the workplace culture and its workers. I'll walk you through a model called the six Cs of inclusive leadership, and provide you some strategies for how to avoid common pitfalls of leadership.
Throughout this course I'll ask you reflection questions, pose some trivia, and have you rate and write down some responses. Please have notepaper and a pen handy so that you can fully participate. You may also use the notebook tool located on this platform. In addition to this video, I've created a few resources and some tools for your follow-up and ongoing development. Feel free to access them in the exercise files tab on this platform.
My goal in this course for you is to walk away with practical tips and strategies for how you can grow the skills and competencies that leaders need to be more inclusive in today's global, diverse, and competitive workforce. I appreciate you taking this course on inclusive leadership and investing in your development. There's a lot to cover, so let's get started.