Odds are, your career is not a perfect match for your strengths. Learn about what do to and how to identify companies that are a better fit.
- What if many of your job responsibilities…don't match your strengths?…While a few people hold jobs that are a perfect match…for their strengths, most find that…their job description doesn't align perfectly.…The good news is that you have control…of this situation and your job growth.…The best approach to matching your strengths…and responsibilities, is to look for opportunities…with the company you're in right now.…The more you understand your organization,…the more valuable you become.…
And the transition time of moving from one company…to another is very costly.…Therefore, it's better to first attempt…to start where you are.…Pursue a job description that better matches your strengths.…Here are two questions to discover…how you can do this for yourself.…First, are you willing to make a change?…If you're completely satisfied with your career,…you may not find it necessary to make a switch yet.…If this is the case, then simply continue to ask yourself,…how can I better use my strengths in this current position?…
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.