Make decisions based on strategic thinking that reflects a broader scope: look at the alignment with corporate goals/initiatives and the impact on people/teams as well as the bottom line.
- In the movie, Moneyball, a baseball team…with minimal talent achieves maximum success…all because of smart decision making.…Other teams measured success with traditional metrics…like homeruns and runs batted in.…But this team measured a different pattern of measurement…that would statistically lead to winning more games…and it worked.…Now, that may simply be a baseball movie,…but it really showcases an important business lesson.…Just because a decision…has always been made in a certain way,…doesn't mean that's the best way.…
If you're a manager,…decision-making comes with the territory…but true leaders approach choices and options…in a different way.…They don't waffle or procrastinate.…They don't obsess over the fear of making mistakes.…Here are four things strong leaders do…when facing major decisions.…Leaders consider a wide range of possibilities…based on their broad perspective.…If they've worked to position themselves as thought leaders,…they're armed with a depth of knowledge…that gives them a real edge.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Looking and sounding like a leader
- Increasing your emotional intelligence
- Becoming a thought leader
- Expanding your strategic scope
- Viewing challenges with a fresh lens
- Improving your decision-making skills
- Cultivating conditions for team success
- Building meaningful connections