Learn about what the top people with different strengths are making.
- Knowing yourself and your strengths is important,…but to really benefit your career…we also want to objectively consider…the market value for these strengths.…By market value I mean what is the upper limit…of what we can realistically earn for these strengths?…Money, certainly, is not everything.…Things like our relationship with our friends and family…and our health have infinite value.…Money is, however, objective.…It gives us a measuring stick to help us assess where we are…and assess the value of the strengths that we have.…
Additionally, if we focus our time…on our most valuable strengths…we increase the freedom we have every day.…Why?…Because if we can make more money by working less hours…we'll have greater disposable time…and access to additional opportunities.…You'll want to have the strengths assessment worksheet…on hand and the results as well.…Begin by listing the strengths from the worksheet in order.…In other words, the highest ranked one…you will list first and so on.…
Also next to that list the average strength rating…
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.