This video focuses on determining the talent your organization needs to successfully meet its business goals. Learn how to identify your needs by starting with the business strategy.
- Each year, businesses develop goals to achieve…their overall business strategy.…These goals change frequently throughout the year.…Being able to react quickly to changes in competitors…and industry trends is critical to your company's success.…An effective talent management strategy…also needs to be able to respond to changes…in business needs.…The strategy starts with knowing what talent is needed…to achieve business goals.…You need the right people with the right skills…in the right roles.…
Your company may be expanding into global markets,…developing and launching new products,…or selling to new types of customers.…All of these changes will require new…or different types of leaders,…and most likely, team members with new skills.…As business goals are being set,…HR and business leaders should work together…to identify what type of new roles will be needed…and how many people it will take to fill those roles.…Look ahead and try to anticipate what might be needed…throughout the year.…
As you grow globally, new types of leaders and team members…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Building a successful talent management strategy
- Identifying talent needs and assessing existing talent
- Recruiting and hiring the right people
- Developing employees to meet talent needs
- Implementing a succession planning process
- Focusing on engagement and retention
- Increasing talent visibility
- Creating a strong HR and business partnership
- Designing a high-performance culture