It's far easier to persuade people if they already view you as credible. Using the email strategy, you can ensure your authority is recognized from the start.
- When it comes to your ability to persuade others,…being likable is a great first step.…But of course, it's often not sufficient.…You might like your accountant a lot,…but you're probably not going to start…taking his medical advice, because that's an area…where he probably doesn't have a lot of credibility.…Hopefully, your goal isn't to get people…to take your medical advice, unless you're…actually a doctor, but let's say you are that accountant.…You know finance inside and out,…but we live in a world with a lot of accountants…and everyone has an opinion.…How can you get others to recognize…the true expertise that you do possess?…How can you get people to view you as credible,…so they'll actually listen?…Here are two things you can do.…
The first relates to your credentials.…If there are external sources that can validate…your expertise, make use of that.…If you're a CPA, that establishes that you know…what you're talking about when it comes to balance sheets,…but credentials don't all have to be formal or academic.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting someone to like you right away
- How to be viewed as immediately credible
- Overcoming a bad first impression
- Persuading the people you already know
- Sharing your ideas and getting noticed
- Communicating with authority
- Overcoming naysayers