Learn how to get employees to actually do what they ask them to do...and perhaps do even more.
- Did you know that in our lifetimes,…we'll influence thousands of people?…Now before you say that's impossible,…think about how many people…you influenced this week alone.…Perhaps you influenced one of your kids…to wear a coat this morning,…or you were able to convince a co-worker…to use a different vendor.…You did this without even realizing…you were using influencing skills.…Now imagine how effective you'll be…once you become a master.…
Start by thinking about how to respectfully…use influence to move others towards a shared vision.…When preparing to face an influencing situation,…first consider what factors may affect your outcomes.…Ask yourself the following questions.…What is the desired goal or outcome?…In other words, what results do I want to achieve?…Who are the people involved,…and what is the current state of our relationship?…Is our relationship strong enough…that if I ask them to do something, they'll say yes?…Or do I need to strengthen my credibility before proceeding?…What other external factors may affect the situation…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp