As it's often said, "You can't manage what you can't measure." Being able to measure and monitor key metrics for your organization gives you the ability to spot trends, avoid issues, and capture opportunities more rapidly. Understanding what drives your performance and focusing only on the most critical metrics helps you cut through the noise and work on what's important. It's also a critical input into your goal setting processes.
- It's often said, you can't manage what you can't measure. Being able to measure and monitor key metrics gives you the ability to spot trends, avoid risk, and capture opportunities more rapidly. This course covers an approach for conducting measurement activities. It also covers functionally-based examples of key metrics used to gauge the performance of specific functions like sales, operations, and finance. Understanding what drives performance and focusing on the most critical metrics helps you cut through the noise and work on what's most important.
Measurement is a critical input into goal-setting processes as well. In my goal-setting course, I cover the links between measurement and setting good goals. I've structured this course to look at measurement principles in general, and then built chapters for each major function in the value chain. If you manage one or more of these functions, you can jump right to that chapter. My goal is to help you understand how measurement works, why and how to do it, and how to apply it to specific functions of the value chain.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Team performance measurement
- Evaluating the value chain
- Measuring product creation
- Measuring product manufacturing and delivery
- Measuring operations performance
- Measuring marketing and sales performance
- Measuring supporting and servicing your product
- Measuring company infrastructure function performance