Learn about how technology and globalization are changing the landscape of organizations. Learn how organizations as a whole need to re-think what performance means, and how the new structure of organizations is changing the very nature of how results are delivered.
- Change is happening at an exponential pace.…Now what does that mean?…Our friends at Singularity University,…the educational think tank in Silicon Valley,…have a very compelling way of explaining it.…Suppose you were to take 30 linear steps,…each about a meter or a yard long.…At the end of 30 steps you'd have taken, well, 30 steps.…But if you were to take an exponential walk,…your first step would be about a meter,…but the second step would be two meters.…
The next one four, the next eight, and so on.…By the time you'd taken 30 exponential steps,…you'd have gone about a billion meters,…or 250 times around the planet.…Exponential changes are having a…profound effect on our organizations,…our institutions, and even on our personal lives.…Look at how many leaps in technology…we already take for granted.…Apple's iPhone, the first smart phone,…was only released in 2007.…
Self driving trucks and cars,…once thought to be absolutely impossible,…are now in use around the world.…It's not just amazing that so many advances are now real,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The history of performance management
- Self-driven performance management
- Setting adaptive performance goals
- Writing an adaptive performance agreement
- Team performance design
- Designing for high performance