Learn how to successfully manage in the complex world of matrix organizations.
- Reporting to multiple bosses can be a struggle.…And having more than one boss is common…in matrix organizations.…Matrix organizations have a grid-based management structure…in which employees report to multiple managers.…For example, say you're a construction supervisor…working on a new building.…You report to both the project manager on site…as well as your team leader back at the office.…
This can be a lot to handle.…A Harvard Business Review article recently noted…that in matrix organizations, leaders are challenged…to manage cross divisional, international teams…with little formal authority.…This means you need a different skill set…to effectively manage in this kind of organization.…Let's cover a few skills you'll need to master.…First, is your ability to influence.…
To influence means to get things done through other people.…When you want to influence someone,…you look at things from their perspective.…Why would they want to comply with your request?…What's in it for them?…Once you've answered these questions,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp