Organizations are becoming "unbundled" before our eyes. Learn some of the most important characteristics of the new organization and how this works.
- Once you accept that an organization is simply…a set of problems to be solved, you start to see the vision…of an unbundled organization with the potential…for a dynamically formed workforce.…In an unbundled organization, we'll all gain…a tremendous amount of efficiency,…but we have to make sure we don't lose our focus…on providing meaningful work for people.…Suppose that instead of having a team that works for you,…you could simply use an app to state the results you needed…along with what you'd pay to have that work done…and how quickly you needed it.…
You press a button and then seemingly magically,…when you need it, the results simply appear.…Well, those apps exist already today.…Think of them as work clouds, pools of skilled workers…who can rapidly join to solve problems.…Just like you have applications in data sitting in the cloud…housed on computers you'll never see, these virtual…work groups are composed of skilled professionals,…some of whom you may never meet…and may never meet each other.…Many organizations use these virtual work groups…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Dealing with disruptive change and the new rules of work
- Establishing a new contract with workers
- Rethinking job qualifications
- Hiring for diversity and inclusion
- Identifying key skills for adaptive workers
- Helping your team become lifelong learners
- Leveraging automation for your team
- Becoming an adaptive manager
- Making human resources a partner
- Recognizing when your adaptive strategy is working