Learn how to leave a great long lasting impression with their boss and peers, in a time-starved world.
- With all the distractions going on in the world,…you've got about a millisecond…to make a great first impression,…which means there is little room for error.…I'm going to share with you…how you can make a great long lasting impression…that will have people remembering you…long after you've left the room.…Communication skills are extremely important.…What you say and how you say it matters.…If you've only got a minute or so…to leave a good impression with your boss,…then you're going to need to carefully think about…what you want to say prior to meeting with your boss.…
In business communication, less is more.…Practice being succinct by asking a trusted friend…or coworker to role play with you.…Have them give you feedback on your tone…and adjust your style accordingly.…Another way to ensure you're making a great impression…is to exude confidence through your communication.…Communicating confidently makes you memorable…for the right reasons.…
When you hear confident people deliver their messages,…you are far more likely to get behind them…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp