Once you're committed to being an effective manager in the future, you need to know how. Learn about some ways to measure this as you move ahead.
- Whenever I hear the business plans…for the countless startups that I've advised,…I always ask one important question,…how will you know if your strategy is successful?…You need to know that your strategy is working…or you're going to need to change strategies.…The same question applies to you as an adaptive manager.…If you're trying to prepare adaptive workers…that deal with the world of constant change,…how will you know if your strategy has been successful?…So, here are some signs to look for.…
First, you'll know if you're creating adaptive workers…if your team members start talking in the language…of problems and results.…They don't just talk about their activities,…they talk about the deliverables that are connected…to your group's strategic goals on an ongoing basis.…Next, your team members start coming to you…not with problems, but solutions.…They understand their roles are either to solve…those problems or as we say in Silicon Valley,…to route around problems by coming up…with completely new ways to perform their work.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Dealing with disruptive change and the new rules of work
- Establishing a new contract with workers
- Rethinking job qualifications
- Hiring for diversity and inclusion
- Identifying key skills for adaptive workers
- Helping your team become lifelong learners
- Leveraging automation for your team
- Becoming an adaptive manager
- Making human resources a partner
- Recognizing when your adaptive strategy is working