Join Gemma to learn how the ability to empathize is a huge predictor of emotional intelligence, and how you and develop your empathy to build strong relationships.
- Do you have the ability to put yourself…in someone else's shoes and understand what they may be…thinking or feeling?…The ability to empathize with others…is a key predictor of emotional intelligence.…Empathizing provides you with a thorough understanding…of the other person and helps to build strong relationships…and better connections.…It's a skill that you can learn to develop.…Ultimately, empathy is the ability to sense…other people's emotions whilst also being able…to imagine what someone else may be thinking or feeling.…
When empathizing, you're imagining what a situation…must feel like for an individual.…You're basically putting yourself in their shoes…and looking at the situation from their perspective.…You don't necessarily have to be able to identify…exactly with the other person.…You don't need to have the exact same experience…to imagine what the situation may be like for them.…You just need to take what you know about that person…and their circumstance and imagine how they would feel,…react, behave, and think about the situation.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact