See what it's like to coach someone interested in growing their career. Watch a coaching session with a careerist and follow the coach's strategic questions that continually challenge her coachee.
- At some point in the coaching process,…every coachee will experience a dip.…Their energy or commitment will flag.…They might get impatient, or frustrated,…or derailed by self-doubt.…So, let's watch CJ, a director of operations at a tech firm…who's joined by her report, Ben,…a driven Enterprise sales exec,…who is right in the middle of that dip.…In this scenario, I want to give you a new tool to explore…that's especially useful in getting through that dip.…
I'm making use of the seven questions…outlined in the book The Coaching Habit.…Those questions are listed in the exercise files,…and I recommend having them on hand as you watch…the conversation unfold.…So, take a look.…- Ben, congratulations again on the Enterprise sales award.…- Thanks.…- [CJ] So awesome.…- That was pretty great.…- So you pretty much hit or exceeded…all of your targets for the past couple years,…so what's on your mind for the coming?…- Honestly, ever since I won that award,…I've kind of just been spinning out of control.…
- Can you say more to that?…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List three strategies to assess an individual for coachability.
- Identify the essential elements of a coaching contract.
- Recall the three levels of accountability.
- Distinguish among the three levels of listening.
- Summarize strategies for coaching a low-performance employee.
- Summarize strategies for coaching a high-performance employee.